Join us in Savannah for the 2022 APPA Cybersecurity Exercise! The cybersecurity exercise will provide public power utilities with the opportunity to create or strengthen cyber incident response plans, practice incident response during a live, scenario-based tabletop exercise, and share information and experience with the public power community.
APPA is excited to be working with Norwich University Applied Research Institutes (NUARI) to use their DECIDE platform for the exercise, which has been used in other electric sector cybersecurity exercises in the past. We are planning for this exercise to include roles for multiple business segments beyond just security professionals so that utilities can gain experience exercising a full cyber incident response plan.
The program will run for a full day and include a session for Incident Command System training, training on the DECIDE platform, the exercise itself, and an after-action discussion.
- 8:00 AM - Continental Breakfast
- 8:30 AM - Incident Command System training
- 9:30 AM - DECIDE platform training
- 10:00 AM - Break
- 10:15 AM - Exercise setup and team organization
- 10:45 AM - Exercise (Part 1)
- 12:00 PM - Lunch
- 1:00 PM - Exercise (Part 2)
- 2:30 PM - Break
- 2:45 PM - Exercise (Part 3)
- 4:00 PM - After action discussion
- 4:45 PM - Closing
- 5:00 PM - Exercise concludes
Please note this agenda is preliminary and exact times may change as the scenario and curriculum develops.
This event is free to attend, but registration is required for all attendees. Please note that registration for the 2022 Business & Financial Conference is not required to attend the Cybersecurity Exercise.
A continental breakfast will be provided Thursday morning before the exercise for all attendees.
Cancellation, Refund, and Substitution Policy
If you are unable to attend for any reason, cancellation requests can be made through your My.PublicPower portal or addressed to [email protected]. It is valuable to have an accurate to count of attendees in order to scale the exercise appropriately.
Code of Conduct
Attendees of American Public Power Association meetings agree to abide by the APPA Code of Conduct. If attendees engage in unacceptable behavior as outlined in the Code of Conduct, the Association may take any action it deems appropriate, including, but not limited to, expulsion from the current and future meetings with no warning or refund.
The 2022 APPA Cybersecurity Exercise will be held at the Hyatt Regency Savannah in Savannah, Georgia.
Hyatt Regency Savannah
2 W Bay Street
Savannah, GA 31401
Hyatt Regency Savannah
The Hyatt Regency Savannah is located in the Savannah Historic District. With direct access to cobblestoned River Street, the Hyatt Regency Savannah puts you steps away from monuments, shops, local restaurants, and live music. Experience the city's unique spirit on a ghost tour or paddle-steamer ride, then unwind with a cocktail on our outdoor patio overlooking the Savannah River.
- Main Telephone: (912) 238-1234
- Group Rate: Single/Double $219 on 9/21, $250 on 9/22, rates are subject to applicable taxes and fees which are currently (13% plus $1.00 City of Savannah Fee and $5.00 Georgia Motel/Hotel Tax).
- Reservation Cut-off Date: August 26, 2022
- Reservation Telephone: 1-800-233-1234 – Group Code: G-APP2
- Online Reservation Link: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/group-booking/SAVRS/G-APP2/ATTENDEES
Please note that in order to have room inventory appear in the search, you must set the check-in date to Wednesday, September 21.
- Check in: 4 p.m. Check out: 11 a.m.
- Valet parking: $38 Valet overnight (With in-and-out privileges)
- Self-parking: $16 overnight (In-and-out privileges do not apply)
- Internet access: Complimentary wireless internet in sleeping rooms
Reservations & Cancellations
The cut-off date to receive the group rate at the Hyatt Regency Savannah is August 26, 2022. The room blocks may sell out before August 26, so early reservations are encouraged. Make your reservations directly with the hotel using the links or telephone numbers above.
Canceled reservations that are not resold may become a financial liability for APPA, so please make your reservations thoughtfully.
Please do NOT make hotel reservations through any third party that may contact you by phone or email. Use only the online reservation links, phone numbers, and discount codes available directly from APPA —in conference brochures and the website at www.PublicPower.org.
The attire for the conference is business casual. Meeting room temperatures vary, so prepare to dress for cool conditions. Whenever possible, networking events will be held outdoors.
Questions and Assistance
For questions or assistance making your hotel arrangements, please contact Meeting Services at 202-467-2941 or [email protected].