In a few weeks, Americans will vote to determine who controls the White House, Senate, and House of Representatives. Will Americans vote to keep divided government or will this be a change election? Hear from APPA’s Government Relations staff on key House and Senate races and how their outcome will set the agenda for the 117th Congress. Learn which issues of interest to public power are likely to be addressed in 2021.
- Learn about key races that will decide which party controls the Senate in 2021 and prospects for the House remaining in Democrats’ control
- Learn which states are likely to decide whether President Trump wins a second term
- Discuss who may lead House and Senate committees of interest to public power
- Get a preview of the House and Senate policy agendas in 2021 and how they will impact public power utilities
- Desmarie Waterhouse, Vice President of Government Relations & Counsel, APPA
- Steve Medved, Government Relations Specialist, APPA
Format and Log-In Information
This webinar will be offered on the Zoom webinar platform.
You will receive your Zoom access link the afternoon before the webinar (around 3 p.m. Eastern). Please reach out to [email protected] if you do not receive that email.
This webinar is free and only open to APPA utility members, Joint Action Agencies, and State Associations.
Please email [email protected] if you are interested in registering and attending this webinar.
New to Zoom?
If you haven't participated in a Zoom meeting before, please download the Zoom web client from the Zoom Download Center. This will enable you to access all of the Zoom tools and functionality vs. using the web version. For the webinar, you will need an Internet connection and sound (we recommend using your computer’s audio and microphone, though a phone number will also be provided). Then, visit Zoom.us/test to ensure you are able to join a meeting.
If you are not able to download the Zoom web client, you can still participate via your Internet browser. We recommend using Chrome for the best results. If you use your Internet browser, your functionality may be more limited (for example, you will only be able to see one video feed at a time), and you will need to create a Zoom account. (Account creation is a free and straightforward process, but you will want to do this in advance so you do not miss any part of the event).
Privacy and Security
The American Public Power Association takes your privacy and security very seriously. For this reason, we have put the following security measures in place for this course:
- A random Meeting ID
- Enabled waiting room to screen meeting participants
- Restricted screen sharing to hosts only
Code of Conduct
Participants agree to abide by the APPA Code of Conduct. If participants engage in unacceptable behavior as outlined in the code, the Association may take any action it deems appropriate, including but not limited to, expulsion from the current and future meetings, with no warning or refund.
Contact us at [email protected].