The Summit will provide education on the tools, technologies and resources available to municipal utilities to establish and maintain a successful cybersecurity program, no matter what the size of your utility. The Summit will also provide networking and information sharing opportunities so that attendees can learn from each other. All utility executives, managers and engineers with cybersecurity as part of your responsibility will benefit from attending this important event.
Please register using this link or the button in the banner above.
The Summit list of speakers can be viewed here.
The Summit agenda can be viewed here.
8:30 am Welcome and Opening Remarks
8:45 am Setting the Stage: Lessons learned from your municipal colleagues on establishing and maintaining a successful cybersecurity program
James Compton, Assistant General Manager/Chief Technology Officer, Burbank Water and Power
9:30 am Panel Discussion: Understanding what resources are available to help municipal utilities address cybersecurity needs.
- Resources available for information sharing that contribute to resilience and help prepare for responses
- Laura Brown, Director of Programs and Engagement, Electricity Information Sharing and Analysis Center (E-ISAC)
- Kyle Bryans, Program Specialist, Multi-State Information Sharing and Analysis Center (MS-ISAC)
- FBI representative TBD
- Information Sharing from EnergySec
- Steve Parker, President and Chairman of the Board, EnergySec
11:00 am Networking Break
11:15 am Peer to Peer Discussion: Workforce development - moderated discussion among security, IT, OT, business managers and staff on cybersecurity workforce challenges, needs, opportunities
Moderator: Christopher Kelley, Beam Reach Consulting
12:00 pm Networking Lunch
1:00 pm Panel Discussion: Ready, Set, Go! Tools to get municipal utilities up to speed on cybersecurity
- The American Public Power CEDS Program - What's in it for small and mid-size municipal utilities?
- Nathan Mitchell, P.E., Senior Director, Cyber and Physical Security Services, American Public Power Association
- Quantitative risk assessment - prioritizing your cyber risk portfolio - a review of the APPA Cybersecurity Scorecard
- Jason Christopher, Chief Technology Officer, Axio
- Taking the next steps - following the Public Power Cybersecurity Roadmap to success
- Christopher Kelley, PMP, Vice President, Beam Reach Consulting Group
- Neighborhood Keeper Program - collaborative threat detection for small to medium sized public power utilities
- Ben Miller, Vice President of Threat Operations, Dragos, Inc.
- Diving into the Public Power Incident Response Playbook
- Lindsay Kishter, Director, Nexight Group
3:00 pm Networking Break
3:30 pm Cyber Everywhere - adapting security programs to consider the proliferation of IoT devices through things like Smart Cities initiatives
Sharon Chand (invited), Principal/Cyber Risk Services, Deloitte & Touche LLP
4:00 pm How to plan for and execute successful incident response policies and procedures
NCCIC ICS -HIRT Representative
4:30 pm Group Discussion and Roundtable
5:15 pm Closing Remarks
David Alexander, Chief Information Security Officer, Los Angeles Department of Water and Power
5:30 pm Close
Summit Location & Hotel
All Summit events will take place at the Disneyland Hotel.
1150 West Magic Way
Anaheim, CA 92802
A block of sleeping rooms at a discounted rate of $242 per night has been arranged with the hotel.
The hotel rooms are limited and on a first come, first serve basis. No additional rooms will be contracted due to other events in the area.
To book your rooms (and apply for discounted Disneyland park tickets), please follow this link and click on "Book Rooms" in the top right corner of the page.