July 26, 2017 - Judge backs New York on plan to support nuclear generation
A federal judge on July 25 turned aside challenges to an element of a New York state clean energy standard (CES) adopted by state utility regulators that is aimed at keeping three nuclear plants online in New York.
July 26, 2017 - To reduce impact of regulations, DOE should comply with process rules, Association says
On July 14, the American Public Power Association filed comments in response to a request for information that the Department of Energy filed in late May, seeking to identify existing regulations, paperwork requirements, and other regulatory obligations that can be modified or repealed.
July 25, 2017 - California prices increasingly mimic ‘duck curve,’ EIA says
Comparisons of day-ahead hourly electricity prices in the California Independent System Operator energy market “suggest a growing premium in certain morning and evening hours relative to midday hours,” the Energy Information Administration said in its July 24 Today in Energy publication.
July 25, 2017 - House bill designates municipal bonds as high-quality liquid asset
The House Financial Services Committee began consideration Tuesday of legislation that would require bank regulators to consider municipal bonds as high-quality liquid assets for purposes of minimum capital requirements.
July 25, 2017 - Senate panel opposes sale of PMA assets, bolsters cybersecurity agreement
The Senate Appropriations Committee has voiced opposition to the Trump administration’s recent proposal to sell transmission assets owned by the federal power marketing administrations, or PMAs.
- Officials urge public power utilities to be prepared for cyberattacks
- Public power utilities recognized for high customer satisfaction
- Lawmakers hear about capacity market flaws, rising grid costs
- Cyber Hygiene: Preventive Care to Avoid Electric System Decay
- Hamilton Utilities’ urban forestry program boosts safety, reliability
- Report catalogues state net metering, DG actions in the second quarter
- Survey offers window into smart grid awareness in New York
- Association’s RP3 designation has been a huge benefit: Elk River’s Adams
- Volvo goes all in on EVs, to phase out pure internal combustion engine
- Diverse Portfolios: The Next Generation in Electricity Generation
Click here to subscribe to APPA's publications.
In eight issues a year, Public Power magazine takes a look at the new technologies, regulatory landscape, and utility activities happening to and for public power utilities across the country.
The DEED Digest is a quarterly publication produced the APPA Demontration of Energy and Efficiency Developments (DEED) Program, delivering findings from DEED grant and technical projects and general program updates. The DEED Digest is only available for DEED members.
APPA's Newsroom is the hub for journalists looking for information on APPA activities, legislative and regulatory issues, and industry information.
Public Power TV
Watch videos from APPA conferences, interviews with industry through leaders, and recaps of public power news.