Originally published July 1, 2013
Mike Sullivan has been named general manager of the Hardwick Electric Department in Vermont. He succeeds Eric Werner, who retired at the end of June after 10 years as manager. Sullivan has spent his 25-year career working for Vermont electric utilities. His last five years were with Central Vermont Public Service, which is now Green Mountain Power. Prior to this, he worked for Vermont Electric Cooperative as a transmission and distribution maintenance crew leader. He started his career with the Vermont Electric Division of Citizens Utilities Co., which has since been acquired by Vermont Electric Cooperative.
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s reappointment of Eugene L. Nicandri to the board of the New York Power Authority in White Plains, N.Y., has been confirmed by the state Senate. Nicandri has been a trustee since August 2008. From 1985-2004, Nicandri was a judge for the St. Lawrence County Court in New York. He was a partner in the Massena, N.Y., law firm Lavigne & Nicandri from 1966-1985.
Please Sign in to rate this.
Senior Vice President, Publishing
Jeanne Wickline LaBella
Editor, Public Power Daily
Fallon W. Forbush
Manager, Integrated Media
David L. Blaylock
Integrated Media Editor
- House passes pipeline review, electric transmission bills
- Report catalogues state net metering, DG actions in the second quarter
- Lawmakers hear about capacity market flaws, rising grid costs
- Hamilton Utilities’ urban forestry program boosts safety, reliability
- Kansas City BPU exceeds 45 percent renewable energy threshold
- Officials urge public power utilities to be prepared for cyberattacks
- Public power utilities recognized for high customer satisfaction
- SMUD board approves new Time-of-Day standard residential rates
- Report sees more than seven million plug-in EVs in U.S. by 2025
- Cyber Hygiene: Preventive Care to Avoid Electric System Decay