Originally published April 15, 2013
Zachary Bloom has been named executive director of the Municipal Electric Utilities of Wisconsin effective May 6. Bloom was previously the general manager of Waupun Utilities in Wisconsin.
Steve Edwards will become chairman, president and CEO of Black & Veatch, succeeding Len Rodman who will retire at the end of 2013 after 42 years of leadership at the company. Edwards will be COO until January 2014.
Herb Johanson has been appointed administrator of the Columbus, Ohio, Department of Public Utilities Division of Power effective April 15. The appointment comes after the Columbus City Council passed legislation earlier this year to separate the former Division of Power and Water back into two divisions. Johanson has been assistant administrator for the department since 2007. He was hired as a project manager in 2004.
Charles G. "Chip" Pardee has been named executive vice president and chief generation officer of the Tennessee Valley Authority. Most recently, Pardee was COO of Exelon Generation and chairman of the Board of Constellation Energy Nuclear Group. Previously, he was president and chief nuclear officer of Exelon Nuclear and has held leadership positions at the Institute of Nuclear Power Operations and General Electric.
Robert White has been named CEO of Russellville Electric Plant Board in Kentucky. White is leaving his post as chief public relations officer for Johnson City Power in Tennessee, effective May 10. He began his nearly 30-year career at the utility as a meter reader and served in a number of other roles, including assistant stockkeeper and manager of its maintenance, purchasing and transportation department.
Huntsville Utilities, in Alabama, named Tony Owens vice president of Operations and John Olshefski vice president of Customer Care. Owens has more than 37 years of service at the utility, having worked in the chemist-water laboratory, as chief plant operator, construction manager, water supply superintendent, water department manager and more recently water supply manager. Olshefski joins the utility from his last assignment with the U.S. Army where he was garrison commander at Redstone Arsenal.
Please Sign in to rate this.
Senior Vice President, Publishing
Jeanne Wickline LaBella
Editor, Public Power Daily
Fallon W. Forbush
Manager, Integrated Media
David L. Blaylock
Integrated Media Editor
- House passes pipeline review, electric transmission bills
- Report catalogues state net metering, DG actions in the second quarter
- Lawmakers hear about capacity market flaws, rising grid costs
- Hamilton Utilities’ urban forestry program boosts safety, reliability
- Kansas City BPU exceeds 45 percent renewable energy threshold
- Officials urge public power utilities to be prepared for cyberattacks
- Public power utilities recognized for high customer satisfaction
- SMUD board approves new Time-of-Day standard residential rates
- Report sees more than seven million plug-in EVs in U.S. by 2025
- Cyber Hygiene: Preventive Care to Avoid Electric System Decay