Originally published April 1, 2013
Left to right: AMEA Board Chairman Don McClellan, Steven Stein, Robert H. Young Jr., and Fred Clark, AMEA President & CEO, are shown at an AMEA Appreciation Reception Feb. 27. Stein and Young received the AMEA President’s Award at a conference in Montgomery, Ala. Photo by Steve Winslett, PureDesign
The Alabama Municipal Electric Authority honored Steven Stein, executive consultant with nFront Consulting, and Robert H. Young Jr., president of The Frazer Lanier Co., with its President’s Award. The award honors individuals who played a key role in the formation of AMEA and is presented in recognition of their continued leadership and dedication to the organization.
Jeff Armfield, vice president of fuels strategy and supply for Santee Cooper, in Moncks Corner, S.C., will become senior vice president and chief financial officer on July 1. Armfield began his career at Santee Cooper 29 years ago as a senior auditor. He will succeed Elaine Peterson. Jane Hood will succeed Armfield as vice president of fuels strategy. Hood has been superintendent of generation technical services since 2011. She joined the utility in 2006 as a general engineer.
Please Sign in to rate this.
Senior Vice President, Publishing
Jeanne Wickline LaBella
Editor, Public Power Daily
Fallon W. Forbush
Manager, Integrated Media
David L. Blaylock
Integrated Media Editor
- Judge backs New York on plan to support nuclear generation
- House bill designates municipal bonds as high-quality liquid asset
- California prices increasingly mimic ‘duck curve,’ EIA says
- Senate panel opposes sale of PMA assets, bolsters cybersecurity agreement
- NYPA power line project to boost reliability, facilitate renewables
- Officials urge public power utilities to be prepared for cyberattacks
- Public power utilities recognized for high customer satisfaction
- Lawmakers hear about capacity market flaws, rising grid costs
- Hamilton Utilities’ urban forestry program boosts safety, reliability
- Cyber Hygiene: Preventive Care to Avoid Electric System Decay