July 28, 2015 - CPS Energy’s ‘New Energy Economy’ pays off for San Antonio, white paper says
The “New Energy Economy,” a public-private partnership program launched in 2011 by CPS Energy — the municipal electric utility in San Antonio — “has paid off handsomely” for the Texas city over the last four years, according to a new white paper from CPS Energy.
July 28, 2015 - Electricity groups ask FERC to approve standard on geomagnetic disturbances
Six trade associations representing the electricity industry on July 27 asked the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission to approve a proposed reliability standard for geomagnetic disturbances that was filed by the North American Electric Reliability Corp.
July 27, 2015 - BPA to raise rates in October; Public Power Council voices concern
The Bonneville Power Administration on July 23 adopted a 7.1 percent average wholesale power rate increase and a 4.4 percent average transmission rate increase for fiscal years 2016 and 2017.
July 24, 2015 - Public Power Weekly Exclusive: Industry awaits fate of CCS in federal CO2 reduction rule
Will federal regulators continue to see carbon capture and sequestration, or CCS, as a realistic strategy to cut carbon dioxide emissions from new power plants?
July 24, 2015 - Riverside Public Utilities uses Energy Depot software with solar rebate program
Riverside Public Utilities in California is using Energy Depot software in connection with a solar rebate program and other rebate incentives offered by the municipal utility.
- TVA charts its energy future in final integrated resource plan
- Public Power Weekly Exclusive: NEI’s Fertel addresses Clean Power Plan's treatment of new nuclear
- BPA to raise rates in October; Public Power Council voices concern
- Cost of solar is in rapid decline, Austin Energy's Shalabi tells city officials
- White House announces initiative to increase solar access for Americans
- Seattle puts ‘self-healing’ power lines into operation
- What Is Community Solar?
- Public Power Weekly Exclusive: Rural utility uses AMI to attract new industry
- New APPA report shows how public power utilities are using variety of DG rate designs
- Public Power Weekly Exclusive: McMinnville sees major drop in street lighting load after converting to LEDs
Click here to subscribe to APPA's publications.
In eight issues a year, Public Power magazine takes a look at the new technologies, regulatory landscape, and utility activities happening to and for public power utilities across the country.
The DEED Digest is a quarterly publication produced the APPA Demontration of Energy and Efficiency Developments (DEED) Program, delivering findings from DEED grant and technical projects and general program updates. The DEED Digest is only available for DEED members.
APPA's Newsroom is the hub for journalists looking for information on APPA activities, legislative and regulatory issues, and industry information.
Public Power TV
Watch videos from APPA conferences, interviews with industry through leaders, and recaps of public power news.