Make the Most of Your APPA Membership
APPA member benefits extend to all employees of member utilities. Now more than ever, an extensive range of resources geared toward public power utility professionals is accessible online.
APPA Member Benefits
Start making the most of your utility’s APPA membership today:
- Create a “members-only” profile to access members-only resources like white papers, benchmarking surveys, statistical analyses, and more. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help creating an online account.
- Subscribe to the industry’s top-rated newsletters and periodicals, Public Power Daily, Public Power Weekly, and Public Power magazine. There is no cost to members for these resources and there is no limit to the number of individuals from your utility that can subscribe.
- Keep abreast of legislative and regulatory policies that impact public power, and add your voice to the dialogue on decisions made in Washington, D.C. that impact your utility.
- Join APPA’s online discussion forums and listservs to interact with thousands of peers from municipal electric utilities from across the U.S. and its territories.
- Identify professional development opportunities for you and your employees offered by the APPA Academy. Members enjoy discounts on dozens of webinars, utility conferences, courses, and workshops.
- Apply for the Reliable Public Power Provider (RP3) program designation to showcase excellence in safety, reliability, workforce development, and system improvement and earn goodwill with your community and customers.
- Access up to $125,000 in grant funding annually and apply for student scholarships up to $5,000 when you join APPA’s research and innovation program, Demonstration of Energy & Efficiency Developments (DEED).
- Take advantage of member discounts on more than 100 publications available in the APPA Product Store — your one-stop shop for public power industry resources that cover all aspects of utility operations and management.
- Apply for APPA awards and get recognition for your hard work in utility operations, leadership, and community service.
- Talk to an APPA staff expert on any topic of interest. You can find a list of APPA staff members by functional area here. You will need your member login to access this resource.
Questions? Contact APPA’s membership department at Membership@publicpower.org or 202/467-2926
Pride in Public Power
This online suppliers guide is the fastest way to locate the products and services public power providers need. Browse the 49 categories below for services such as engineering, utility equipment sales and rentals and utility construction to help you manage your community-owned electric utilities more efficiently.