RP3 Program Application
The 2017 RP3 application is now available! Utilities interested in applying for RP3 recognition should register their utilities here. Once you have your login details, you can complete the application at rp3.publicpower.org.
The deadline to submit your application will be Sept. 30, 2017. Questions? Email RP3@PublicPower.org.
RP3 Program Application
The 2017 application has officially been released! Completed RP3 applications are accepted only through our online system from May 1st to September 30th of every year.
There RP3 Program is based on a utility completing an RP3 application that asks questions in 4 disciplines (reliability, safety, workforce development, and system improvement) based on leading practices in the industry. Each question is worth a certain amount of points (you can view how the points are assigned in the application guide) for a total of 100 points. Answers to questions are supplemented by providing documentation of your utilities practices and procedures. These attachments help the RP3 Review Panel better understand your answers to each question and allows them to provide better feedback.
- RP3 submissions are due September 30 of every year
- Questions can be directed to RP3@PublicPower.org:
- If requested, we can send you a list of APPA conferences/workshops your utility personnel have attended.
- We can send you a list of other RP3 utilities, so that you can ask them questions.
- General "how do I" or "what are you exactly looking for" questions can be sent.
The Association and the RP3 Panel strive to make the RP3 application process as simple as possible. For that reason, utilities will be able to apply online for designation in the RP3 Program. In order to access the online system, you must first register your utility with RP3 Staff. Once you've completed the registration form, staff will send you an email with your login information and instructions to access the online application.
To register your utility for the online application system, complete this form.
The online application system enables you to: assign one user to oversee the entire application, assign additional users to individual questions, upload attachments on a question by question basis, have an at-a-glance look at your progress completing the application, view your application score and RP3 Panel feedback, and reuse answers in future applications.
You can also download a hardcopy version of the 2017 application for reference: 2017 RP3 Application (PDF). Please recall that applications are only accepted through the online system. More information will be available after you register for the application.
Pay the Application Fee
Visit the product store or click here. Payments are due by the last day of the application period, September 30th.
Resources for Applying Online
- RP3 Online Application System User Guide - Primary User
- RP3 Online Application System User Guide - Grader
- Video: Introduction to using the Online Application System
- RP3 Application Guide
- Workforce Development (C2) Example Spreadsheet
- Workforce Development (C3) Example Spreadsheet
- I.B.2 of the RP3 Application: DSRO Alternative