APPA soliciting topics, speakers for Engineering and Operations Conference
Originally published July 24, 2014
The American Public Power Association is now soliciting topic and speaker suggestions for the 2015 Engineering and Operations Technical Conference, which will be held May 17-20 in Sacramento, California.
This conference is APPA’s annual meeting for utility professionals charged with designing, developing, and maintaining their utility’s electric system. The meeting focuses on issues in the areas of communication and control; environmental; generation and fuels; safety; system planning; transmission and distribution; and supply management.
To suggest topics or speakers for the Engineering and Operations Technical Conference, please complete the Call for Ideas Survey.
The deadline to suggest topics or speakers is Wednesday, Aug. 27.
Please Sign in to rate this.
Vice President, Integrated Media and Communications
Editor, Public Power Daily
Fallon W. Forbush
Manager, Integrated Media
David L. Blaylock
Integrated Media Editor
- House bill designates municipal bonds as high-quality liquid asset
- California prices increasingly mimic ‘duck curve,’ EIA says
- Senate panel opposes sale of PMA assets, bolsters cybersecurity agreement
- NYPA power line project to boost reliability, facilitate renewables
- Palo Alto Utilities thermal microgrid project funded through DEED grant
- Officials urge public power utilities to be prepared for cyberattacks
- Public power utilities recognized for high customer satisfaction
- Lawmakers hear about capacity market flaws, rising grid costs
- Report sees more than seven million plug-in EVs in U.S. by 2025
- Cyber Hygiene: Preventive Care to Avoid Electric System Decay