Join APPA on Twitter for #PublicPowerChat about #GridSecurity
Originally published June 9, 2014
|Learn how public power is proactively involved in #KeepingTheLightsOn. Illustration by Sharon Winfield|
Though there is no cure-all solution to prevent every potential threat from affecting the nation’s infrastructure assets, public power and the electric utility industry have been in the business of ensuring the electric grid’s security for a long time. APPA will be hosting a live conversation on Twitter tomorrow, Tuesday, June 10, from 1-1:30 p.m. Eastern to discuss the defense-in-depth approach to grid security.
As the industry awaits the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission to approve physical security standards developed by the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (see Public Power Daily, March 10), APPA subject matter experts will identify key issues and discuss #GridSecurity for a half hour. APPA is also releasing a new infographic.
Follow APPA on Twitter at @APPAnews to join the conversation via hashtag #PublicPowerChat. Insights from APPA’s subject matter experts can also be found on APPA’s new Experts Blog.
Please Sign in to rate this.
Vice President, Integrated Media and Communications
Editor, Public Power Daily
Fallon W. Forbush
Manager, Integrated Media
David L. Blaylock
Integrated Media Editor
- Senate panel opposes sale of PMA assets, bolsters cybersecurity agreement
- NYPA power line project to boost reliability, facilitate renewables
- Palo Alto Utilities thermal microgrid project funded through DEED grant
- House passes pipeline review, electric transmission bills
- Report catalogues state net metering, DG actions in the second quarter
- Officials urge public power utilities to be prepared for cyberattacks
- Public power utilities recognized for high customer satisfaction
- Lawmakers hear about capacity market flaws, rising grid costs
- Report sees more than seven million plug-in EVs in U.S. by 2025
- Cyber Hygiene: Preventive Care to Avoid Electric System Decay