Business & Financial Conference offers seminars on accounting, distributed generation, internal audit, data analytics
Originally published May 13, 2014
Utility professionals will have an opportunity to attend several in-depth pre-conference seminars at APPA’s Business & Financial Conference.
The pre-conference seminars on Sunday, Sept. 14 offer longer class times and smaller class sizes than traditional conference sessions. Participants will be able to learn about complex topics in greater depth.
Pre-conference seminar topics will include:
• Sustainability Accounting and Reporting
• Distributed Generation: Unique Issues Facing Public Power
• Establishing and Strengthening the Internal Audit Function in Your Utility
• Utility Data Analytics: Turning Data into Value
The Business & Financial Conference will be held Sept. 14-17 in Portland, Ore., at the Hilton Portland and Executive Tower. Complete conference program and registration information is available on APPA's website.
Please Sign in to rate this.
Vice President, Integrated Media and Communications
Editor, Public Power Daily
Fallon W. Forbush
Manager, Integrated Media
David L. Blaylock
Integrated Media Editor
- House bill designates municipal bonds as high-quality liquid asset
- California prices increasingly mimic ‘duck curve,’ EIA says
- Senate panel opposes sale of PMA assets, bolsters cybersecurity agreement
- NYPA power line project to boost reliability, facilitate renewables
- Palo Alto Utilities thermal microgrid project funded through DEED grant
- Officials urge public power utilities to be prepared for cyberattacks
- Public power utilities recognized for high customer satisfaction
- Lawmakers hear about capacity market flaws, rising grid costs
- Hamilton Utilities’ urban forestry program boosts safety, reliability
- Cyber Hygiene: Preventive Care to Avoid Electric System Decay