Deadlines approach for 2014 National Conference
Originally published May 13, 2014
Several deadlines are quickly approaching for anyone attending the APPA National Conference. The 2014 National Conference will be held June 13-18 in Denver, Colo., at the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel.
The early registration deadline for the conference is May 23. After May 23, registration fees for both the conference and pre-conference seminars will increase.
The deadline for conference attendees to volunteer for the Public Power Day of Giving is also May 23. The Day of Giving is an opportunity for those attending the conference to participate in community service projects. The Day of Giving will be held Friday, June 13.
Space is also filling up quickly for the 10 pre-conference seminars, so attendees are encouraged to register for those seminars now to reserve their space.
Pre-conference seminars are designed for utility managers, board members and policymakers. Seminars offered on Saturday, June 14, include:
• Electric Utility Industry Overview
• Overview of Utility Financial Operations for Boards
• Strategic Planning for Long-Term Utility Effectiveness
• Technology Roadmap for Public Power Utilities
• Understanding a Utility’s Cost Structure and its Effect on Customers' Rates
Pre-conference seminars offered on Sunday, June 16, include:
• Duties, Responsibilities and Legal Obligations of Public Power Governing Boards
• Leadership’s Role in Establishing Safety Culture Change
• Cybersecurity Training for Public Power Leaders
• The Board’s Role in Monitoring Utility Performance
• Acquisition of New Power Supply for Public Power Managers and Policymakers
The 2014 APPA National Conference will be held June 13-18 at the Sheraton Downtown Denver Hotel in Denver, Colo. The National Conference is APPA's premier annual event, designed for utility executives, directors and managers; utility policymakers, including elected and appointed board members, mayors, and city council members; and industry partners, including suppliers, vendors and consultants.
Complete conference information, including information on registering for the conference and pre-conference seminars and volunteering for the Day of Giving, is available at www.publicpower.org/NationalConference.
Please Sign in to rate this.
Vice President, Integrated Media and Communications
Editor, Public Power Daily
Fallon W. Forbush
Manager, Integrated Media
David L. Blaylock
Integrated Media Editor
- House bill designates municipal bonds as high-quality liquid asset
- California prices increasingly mimic ‘duck curve,’ EIA says
- Senate panel opposes sale of PMA assets, bolsters cybersecurity agreement
- NYPA power line project to boost reliability, facilitate renewables
- Palo Alto Utilities thermal microgrid project funded through DEED grant
- Officials urge public power utilities to be prepared for cyberattacks
- Public power utilities recognized for high customer satisfaction
- Lawmakers hear about capacity market flaws, rising grid costs
- Report sees more than seven million plug-in EVs in U.S. by 2025
- Cyber Hygiene: Preventive Care to Avoid Electric System Decay