APPA Product Store offers publication on purchasing power from wholesale markets
Originally published May 12, 2014
The APPA Product Store has released Acquisition of New Power Supply: A Guide for Public Power Managers and Policymakers. This publication discusses important actions for public power utilities and joint action agencies to take when purchasing power from wholesale power markets. It focuses on the steps needed to develop a request for proposals (RFP) for power supply, solicit and evaluate bids, manage the RFP, and finalize deals.
The 26-page guide includes a sample RFP, notice of intent to bid, and trade press contacts. It was written by Kiah Harris, lead consultant (retired) at Burns & McDonnell, with contributions from American Municipal Power, Inc. and the Columbia Light & Water Department.
To purchase this publication, email Products@PublicPower.org or visit the APPA Product Store at PublicPower.org/store.
Please Sign in to rate this.
Vice President, Integrated Media and Communications
Editor, Public Power Daily
Fallon W. Forbush
Manager, Integrated Media
David L. Blaylock
Integrated Media Editor
- NYPA’s Quiniones, CPS Energy recognized for energy transformation efforts
- To reduce impact of regulations, DOE should comply with process rules, Association says
- Judge backs New York on plan to support nuclear generation
- House bill designates municipal bonds as high-quality liquid asset
- California prices increasingly mimic ‘duck curve,’ EIA says
- Officials urge public power utilities to be prepared for cyberattacks
- Public power utilities recognized for high customer satisfaction
- Lawmakers hear about capacity market flaws, rising grid costs
- Cyber Hygiene: Preventive Care to Avoid Electric System Decay
- Hamilton Utilities’ urban forestry program boosts safety, reliability