APPA NERC CIP Version 5 Compliance Program Development Workshop to be held June 11-12
Originally published April 24, 2014
APPA will hold a NERC CIP Version 5 Compliance Program Development Workshop June 11-12 in Orlando, Fla.
The workshop will include sessions focused on: reviewing Version 5 requirements; technical issues for compliance; compliance deadlines; budget considerations; personnel transition; working with consultants; and how you can be successful with the new requirements.
The workshop is designed for:
• Public power utilities that will own medium-impact facilities such as control centers, substations or generation plants identified in CIP-002-5;
• NERC CIP senior managers and compliance personnel;
• SCADA and control system personnel;
• Cyber and physical security personnel;
• Senior managers in charge of capital improvements and budgets; and
• Power plant managers faced with new compliance obligations.
The cost to participate is $295 for individuals registering before May 21. Attendees can also earn continuing education units and professional development hours.
Visit the APPA website for complete program and registration information.
Please Sign in to rate this.
Vice President, Integrated Media and Communications
Editor, Public Power Daily
Fallon W. Forbush
Manager, Integrated Media
David L. Blaylock
Integrated Media Editor
- House passes pipeline review, electric transmission bills
- Report catalogues state net metering, DG actions in the second quarter
- Lawmakers hear about capacity market flaws, rising grid costs
- Hamilton Utilities’ urban forestry program boosts safety, reliability
- Kansas City BPU exceeds 45 percent renewable energy threshold
- Officials urge public power utilities to be prepared for cyberattacks
- Public power utilities recognized for high customer satisfaction
- SMUD board approves new Time-of-Day standard residential rates
- Report sees more than seven million plug-in EVs in U.S. by 2025
- Cyber Hygiene: Preventive Care to Avoid Electric System Decay