ESPN analyst Merril Hoge to speak at APPA National Conference
Originally published April 17, 2014
Merril Hoge—a former NFL running back and current ESPN analyst—will share his inspiring story of perseverance and success in the face of long odds at the 2014 APPA National Conference. Hoge will talk about the numerous challenges he has faced, included losing his mother at a young age, a cancer diagnosis, and suffering a career-ending head trauma, and how he has overcome these challenges to achieve his goals.
A fixture on ESPN covering the NFL, Hoge will share his philosophy, "find a way."
The 2014 National Conference will be held June 14-18 in Denver, Colo., at the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel. The conference draws more than 1,500 public power leaders, including utility boards, mayors, city council members, utility executives, senior managers, future utility leaders, and industry partners. Conference registration and program information is available at www.publicpower.org/NationalConference.
Please Sign in to rate this.
Vice President, Integrated Media and Communications
Editor, Public Power Daily
Fallon W. Forbush
Manager, Integrated Media
David L. Blaylock
Integrated Media Editor
- Senate panel opposes sale of PMA assets, bolsters cybersecurity agreement
- NYPA power line project to boost reliability, facilitate renewables
- Palo Alto Utilities thermal microgrid project funded through DEED grant
- House passes pipeline review, electric transmission bills
- Report catalogues state net metering, DG actions in the second quarter
- Officials urge public power utilities to be prepared for cyberattacks
- Public power utilities recognized for high customer satisfaction
- Lawmakers hear about capacity market flaws, rising grid costs
- Report sees more than seven million plug-in EVs in U.S. by 2025
- Cyber Hygiene: Preventive Care to Avoid Electric System Decay