Master judges named for 2014 Public Power Lineworkers Rodeo
Originally published March 5, 2014
At this year’s Public Power Lineworkers Rodeo, the events judging team will be led by two people: Journeyman Master Judge Aaron Haderle, deputy superintendent of transmission and distribution operations at the Kissimmee Utility Authority in Florida; and Apprentice Master Judge Bob Rumbaugh, manager of technical training at American Municipal Power, Inc., based in Columbus, Ohio.
The 2014 rodeo will take place April 4-5 in Edmond and Oklahoma City, Okla. The event will be hosted by Edmond Electric, with support from the Grand River Dam Authority, Municipal Electric Systems of Oklahoma and the Oklahoma Municipal Power Authority.
Information for each competitor event can be found under the "apprentice events" and "journeyman events" tabs on the rodeo section of the APPA website.
To register for the rodeo competition and lineworker training courses, go to PublicPower.org/Rodeo. The final registration deadline is March 12.
For questions about rodeo events, registration, or training courses, contact Sheila Kasasa, APPA, at Rodeo@PublicPower.org or 202/467-2994.
Please Sign in to rate this.
Editor, Public Power Daily
Fallon W. Forbush
Manager, Integrated Media
David L. Blaylock
Integrated Media Editor
- California prices increasingly mimic ‘duck curve,’ EIA says
- Senate panel opposes sale of PMA assets, bolsters cybersecurity agreement
- NYPA power line project to boost reliability, facilitate renewables
- Palo Alto Utilities thermal microgrid project funded through DEED grant
- House passes pipeline review, electric transmission bills
- Officials urge public power utilities to be prepared for cyberattacks
- Public power utilities recognized for high customer satisfaction
- Lawmakers hear about capacity market flaws, rising grid costs
- Report sees more than seven million plug-in EVs in U.S. by 2025
- Cyber Hygiene: Preventive Care to Avoid Electric System Decay