Originally published February 21, 2014
The topic to be discussed at a Feb. 25 APPA webinar was incorrectly identified in a story, "APPA offers second webinar in governance series," in the Feb. 19 Public Power Daily. Here is the correct description for the "Duties, Responsibilities and Legal Obligations of Public Power Governing Boards"webinar, which will be held on Tuesday, Feb. 25:
When elected or appointed to a public power board or city council, individuals often find there is neither a specific listing of duties and responsibilities nor a formal job description for their new position. In this webinar, Jeff Tarbert, executive consultant for APPA, will cover the legal and fiduciary duties incumbent upon public power board and city council members; the policy responsibilities of governing boards and how they differ from management; and additional responsibilities, including assuring an effective CEO.
For more information about this or other webinars offered by APPA, visitwww.APPAAcademy.org or contact Meghan Riley at MRiley@PublicPower.org.
Please Sign in to rate this.
Senior Vice President, Publishing
Jeanne Wickline LaBella
Editor, Public Power Daily
Fallon W. Forbush
Manager, Integrated Media
David L. Blaylock
Integrated Media Editor
- House bill designates municipal bonds as high-quality liquid asset
- California prices increasingly mimic ‘duck curve,’ EIA says
- Senate panel opposes sale of PMA assets, bolsters cybersecurity agreement
- NYPA power line project to boost reliability, facilitate renewables
- Palo Alto Utilities thermal microgrid project funded through DEED grant
- Officials urge public power utilities to be prepared for cyberattacks
- Public power utilities recognized for high customer satisfaction
- Lawmakers hear about capacity market flaws, rising grid costs
- Hamilton Utilities’ urban forestry program boosts safety, reliability
- Cyber Hygiene: Preventive Care to Avoid Electric System Decay