Seattle City Light General Manager and CEO Jorge Carrasco has been elected co-chair of the Alliance to Save Energy’s board of directors. Carrasco replaces Tom King, National Grid’s U.S. executive director. Carrasco joined Seattle City Light in Washington in 2004. The Alliance board also elected three members to new positions:
• Iain Campbell, former vice president and general manager for Johnson Controls, first vice-chair;
• William Von Hoene, senior executive vice president and chief strategy officer for Exelon Corp., second vice-chair; and
• Carolyn Green, co-founder and managing partner of EnerGreen Capital Management, LLC and former president of the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power Board of Commissioners in California, treasurer.
John Young, assistant general manager of the Laurens Commission of Public Works in South Carolina, has been promoted to general manager. He succeeds Dale Satterfield, who retired after more than 30 years with the commission. Satterfield will begin a new job as director of the Department of Public Works for the city of Clinton, S.C., this spring. He will replace Clinton’s current director, Mike Reddeck, who plans to retire after 30 years with the department. Satterfield began his career with the Laurens CPW in 1982 by working on the utility’s water and sewer maintenance crew; became office manager/treasurer in 1985; and was promoted to general manager in 2006.
Susan Boggs, director of human resources and corporate support for The Energy Authority in Jacksonville, Fla., has been promoted to the newly created position of vice president of administration and chief people officer. She joined TEA in 2008. Earlier, she was director of human resources for S&P USA Ventilation Systems, LLC and the Ring Power Corp.
Michael Picker, vice president of the Sacramento Municipal Utility District’s board of directors, has been appointed to the California Public Utilities Commission by Gov. Jerry Brown. Picker will resign his position on the SMUD board. The appointment requires confirmation by the California state Senate. He was elected to the SMUD board in November 2012, and elected vice chair in December.
Please Sign in to rate this.
Senior Vice President, Publishing
Jeanne Wickline LaBella
Editor, Public Power Daily
Fallon W. Forbush
Manager, Integrated Media
David L. Blaylock
Integrated Media Editor
- Notice: No Public Power Daily on Monday
- NERC plans major new initiative on cybersecurity information sharing
- New York governor announces $40 million resiliency and clean energy competition
- Deadlines approaching for APPA NERC CIP Version 5 Compliance Program Development Workshop
- FERC staff analysis details uplift payment concentration in RTOs, ISOs
- Join APPA on Twitter for #PublicPowerChat about #GridSecurity
- EPA's greenhouse gas regulations for existing power plants open for comment today
- NAESB begins work on gas-electric harmonization, leaves key issue to FERC
- Xcel sues to undo Boulder vote to municipalize
- Supreme Court lets stand decision allowing state law nuisance suits against power plants