APPA offers Jan. 23 webinar on Cybersecurity Awareness Training: Part II
Originally published January 16, 2014
On Thursday, Jan. 23, APPA will hold a webinar in conjunction with Hometown Connections, "Cybersecurity Awareness Training: Part II: Leaving My Life at Home!" from 2 to 3:30 p.m., Eastern time. This is the second in a series of four webinars, intended to educate all levels of utility staff, on the basic principles of cybersecurity awareness.
This webinar will cover the following topics:
• Social media based security/privacy;
• Dangers of peer-to-peer networks;
• Security policy review; and
• Dangers of social engineering.
All webinars in the series will be led by Chan Park, senior solutions specialist for N-Dimension Solutions, a provider of cybersecurity solutions in affiliation with Hometown Connections. N-Dimension is a member of NIST’s Cybersecurity Working Group, a founding member of the National Electric Sector Cybersecurity Organization, the recipient of the 2012 Frost & Sullivan Award for Best Practices in Industrial Cybersecurity and the Hometown Connections 2012 Partner of the Year.
The third webinar in the series will be held on April 17 and will cover ports and services, the importance of updating patches and signatures, and the dangers and symptoms of spyware, viruses and other malwares. All webinars take place from 2 to 3:30 p.m., Eastern time.
Webinars can be taken individually or purchased as a series for a discounted rate. Past webinars are recorded and available for playback on demand. Each webinar is worth 0.2 continuing education units, 1.5 professional development hours and 1.5 continuing professional education credits.
For more information and to register, visit www.APPAAcademy.org under Webinar Series or contact Meghan Riley at MRiley@PublicPower.org or 202/467-2919.
Please Sign in to rate this.
Senior Vice President, Publishing
Jeanne Wickline LaBella
Editor, Public Power Daily
Fallon W. Forbush
Manager, Integrated Media
David L. Blaylock
Integrated Media Editor
- House passes pipeline review, electric transmission bills
- Report catalogues state net metering, DG actions in the second quarter
- Lawmakers hear about capacity market flaws, rising grid costs
- Hamilton Utilities’ urban forestry program boosts safety, reliability
- Kansas City BPU exceeds 45 percent renewable energy threshold
- Officials urge public power utilities to be prepared for cyberattacks
- Public power utilities recognized for high customer satisfaction
- SMUD board approves new Time-of-Day standard residential rates
- Report sees more than seven million plug-in EVs in U.S. by 2025
- Cyber Hygiene: Preventive Care to Avoid Electric System Decay