Sept. 27 is early registration deadline for Legal Seminar
Originally published September 17, 2013
The early registration deadline is approaching for the APPA Legal Seminar.
The Legal Seminar is APPA’s annual meeting for attorneys (both in-house and outside counsel) representing public power utilities.
Topics at this year’s Legal Seminar will include cybersecurity; NERC reliability; open records requirements; legal issues with social media; EMF damages claims; buyer-side manipulation in capacity markets; developing model municipal utility retail service rules and related municipal charter provisions; and updates on federal legislative and FERC regulatory issues, among others.
The Legal Seminar will be held Oct. 20-23 in Seattle, Wash.; the deadline to take advantage of the early registration discount is Sept. 27. Complete program and registration information is available at www.publicpower.org/LegalSeminar.
Please Sign in to rate this.
Senior Vice President, Publishing
Jeanne Wickline LaBella
Editor, Public Power Daily
Fallon W. Forbush
Manager, Integrated Media
David L. Blaylock
Integrated Media Editor
- To reduce impact of regulations, DOE should comply with process rules, Association says
- Judge backs New York on plan to support nuclear generation
- House bill designates municipal bonds as high-quality liquid asset
- California prices increasingly mimic ‘duck curve,’ EIA says
- Senate panel opposes sale of PMA assets, bolsters cybersecurity agreement
- Officials urge public power utilities to be prepared for cyberattacks
- Public power utilities recognized for high customer satisfaction
- Lawmakers hear about capacity market flaws, rising grid costs
- Hamilton Utilities’ urban forestry program boosts safety, reliability
- Cyber Hygiene: Preventive Care to Avoid Electric System Decay