Short takes ...
Originally published July 19, 2013
The Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) has launched a new online version of the Governmental Accounting Research System: GARS Online. GARS Online provides access to the U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) that was previously available only on CD-ROM through four service plans. The online platform contains the same GASB content as the disc version but offers new features, including annotations and bookmark utilities, advanced search functionality, tabbed browsing and archive features. Current GARS CD-ROM subscribers have been offered a special plan to change to the online version.
Please Sign in to rate this.
Senior Vice President, Publishing
Jeanne Wickline LaBella
Editor, Public Power Daily
Fallon W. Forbush
Manager, Integrated Media
David L. Blaylock
Integrated Media Editor
- House bill designates municipal bonds as high-quality liquid asset
- California prices increasingly mimic ‘duck curve,’ EIA says
- Senate panel opposes sale of PMA assets, bolsters cybersecurity agreement
- NYPA power line project to boost reliability, facilitate renewables
- Palo Alto Utilities thermal microgrid project funded through DEED grant
- Officials urge public power utilities to be prepared for cyberattacks
- Public power utilities recognized for high customer satisfaction
- Lawmakers hear about capacity market flaws, rising grid costs
- Report sees more than seven million plug-in EVs in U.S. by 2025
- Cyber Hygiene: Preventive Care to Avoid Electric System Decay