Rural Broadband Funding Opportunity for Public Power Utilities
September 11, 2014
2 – 3:30 p.m. Eastern
All you need to attend is a phone and a computer with Internet access.
The Federal Communications Commission has issued an order creating a new funding opportunity for rural broadband projects. Through its Connect America Fund, the Commission will be making up to $100 million available for rural broadband “experiments,” and it has invited public power utilities and electric cooperatives to propose projects for its consideration. The Commission will be accepting applications in October 2014.
The Commission will award funds based on a competitive bidding process. Through this process, the Commission hopes to identify cost-effective projects that will bring the best possible broadband services to rural areas that currently lack broadband.
This webinar, presented by Jim Baller and Sean Stokes of the Baller Herbst Law Group, will provide APPA members with guidance on how to apply for funding under this program, what features to stress in their proposals in order to score well under the Commission’s selection criteria, and what obligations winning bidders will have to meet over the next few years. The webinar will also address potential partnering opportunities for public power utilities.
- Jim Baller, President, Baller Herbst Law Group, Washington, D.C.
- Sean Stokes, Principal, Baller Herbst Law Group, Washington, D.C.
- $89 for APPA members
- $179 for nonmembers
Click here to register for the webinar
- You will need a username and password to register
- If you need assistance, please contact APPA's web staff
- Log-in information for the webinar will be sent out the morning of the event (around 10:30 a.m. Eastern). If you do not receive the reminder email, please contact Meghan Riley (202/467-2919; MRiley@PublicPower.org).
- Registration is for one phone line and one computer. If you have multiple employees participating in this webinar from the same organization and all are in the same location, it is permissible to have multiple people listen in via speaker phone.
- This webinar is worth 1.5 CPEs/.2 CEU/1.5 PDH credits
CPE Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge & Applications
- The certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log
- Links to all presentations and an audio recording will be sent out shortly after the webinar occurs
Submit Questions in Advance
To ensure topics of interest are covered sufficiently, we encourage registrants to submit topics and questions prior to the webinar. Please submit questions/topics to EducationInfo@PublicPower.org.