Accounting and Finance Webinar Series
April 24, 2014 - October 16, 2014
The APPA Academy is offering a series of seven webinars for public power professionals involved in financial planning—including general managers, finance and accounting personnel and rate analysts—to learn about timely issues and earn CPE credits.
All webinars take place from 2 – 3:30 p.m. Eastern Time.
- Determining Revenue Requirements for Your Utility – April 24
- Development of Cash Reserve Policies – May 14
- Accounting Standards and Reporting Framework Update – June 12
- Electric Rate Designs – Rate Structures that Reflect a Utility’s Costs – July 15
- Electric Rate Designs – Rate Structures to Promote Financial Stability or Energy Conservation – Aug. 19
- Line Extension Policies: Contributions in Aid of Construction – Sept. 9
- Performing a Utility Financial Check-Up – Oct. 16
Mark Beauchamp, CPA, CMA, MBA, is president of Utility Financial Solutions, a consulting practice that specializes in financial planning, cost of service, and rate-setting for public power utilities. He has more than 28 years of experience in electric utility consulting and management. In previous positions, Mark has assisted with improvements to accounting and operation practices, risk assessments, cost of service, and competitive rate designs. He is a frequent speaker at national and regional conferences and teaches a variety of courses for APPA.
Jodi Dobson, Senior Manager in the Energy and Utilities Group, has been with Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP since 1998. She specializes in serving municipal utilities, joint action agencies, and not-for-profit organizations. Her experience includes performing financial audits, agreed-upon procedure reviews, and fraud investigations as well as preparing rate studies, cost of service studies, rate designs, and financial forecasts.
Dawn Lund is vice president of Utility Financial Solutions, a consulting practice that specializes in financial planning, cost-of-service, and rate-setting for public power utilities. She has more than 15 years of experience in pricing and marketing utility services and holds a degree in accounting. She is experienced in pricing water, sewer, electric and telecommunications services. Prior to working with UFS, she worked with a large municipal utility and held positions as a cost analyst, marketing and communications specialist and cost and rate specialist. She has completed more than 60 electric, water and wastewater cost-of-service and rate design studies.
Russ Hissom, CPA, Partner in the Energy and Utilities Group, has been with Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP since 1983 and specializes in serving the financial and operational needs of the utility industry. He has extensive experience with financial and compliance audits of utilities, work order asset management and FERC accounting implementation projects, construction audits, management audits, contract compliance audits under jointly owned electric generation contracts, overhead cost allocation studies, NERC Audit Readiness projects for Registered Entities, and specialized accounting training for utilities.
- Individual webinars: $89 for APPA members; $179 for nonmembers
Click on the webinar titles to register individually
- The 7-part series (discounted rate): $535 for APPA members; $1,075 for nonmembers
Click here to register for the series
You will need a username and password to register. If you need assistance, please contact APPA's web staff
- Log-in information for each webinar will be sent out the morning of the event (around 10:30 a.m. ET). If you do not receive the reminder email, please contact Meghan Riley (202/467-2919); MRiley@PublicPower.org.
- Registration is for one phone line and one computer. If you have multiple employees participating in this webinar from the same organization and all are in the same location, it is permissible to have multiple people listen in via speaker phone.
- A completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log.
- Each webinar is worth 1.5 CPEs/.2 CEU/1.5 PDH credits
CPE Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge & Applications
- The completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log
- Links to all presentations and an audio recording will be sent out shortly after the webinar occurs
Submit Questions in Advance
To ensure topics of interest are covered sufficiently, we encourage registrants to submit topics and questions prior to the webinar. Please submit questions/topics to EducationInfo@PublicPower.org