Development of Cash Reserve Policies
May 14, 2014
2 - 3:30 p.m. ET
A cash reserve policy is critical to maintaining the utility’s financial stability and bond ratings. This webinar will cover cash reserve policies used by public power utilities and alternative methods to developing cash reserve polices.
Topics will include:
- Factors that influence the necessary amount of cash a utility should maintain
- Risk factors in determining the amount of cash the utility should maintain, what the risk factors are and how to reduce some of the risk factors to help keep rates lower and lessen the need for cash reserves
- How cash policies can provide guidance on when a utility should issue debt and what capital projects should be financed through cash reserves
Speaker: Mark Beauchamp, CPA, CMA, MBA, President, Utility Financial Solutions, Holland, Mich.
- Individual webinars: $89 for APPA members; $179 for nonmembers
Register now for this webinar.
- The 7-part series (one free webinar): $535 for APPA members; $1,075 for nonmembers
Click here to register for the series.
Click here for more information about the Accounting and Finance Webinar Series
You will need a username and password to register. If you need assistance, please contact APPA's web staff
- Log-in information for each webinar will be sent out the morning of the event (around 10:30 a.m. Eastern). If you do not receive the reminder email, please contact Meghan Riley (202/467-2919); MRiley@PublicPower.org.
- Registration is for one phone line and one computer. If you have multiple employees participating in this webinar from the same organization and all are in the same location, it is permissible to have multiple people listen in via speaker phone.
- A completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log.
- Each webinar is worth 1.5 CPEs/.2 CEU/1.5 PDH credits
CPE Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge & Applications
- The completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log
- Links to all presentations and an audio recording will be sent out shortly after the webinar occurs
Submit Questions in Advance
To ensure topics of interest are covered sufficiently, we encourage registrants to submit topics and questions prior to the webinar. Please submit questions/topics to EducationInfo@PublicPower.org