Determining Revenue Requirements for Your Utility
April 24, 2014
2 - 3:30 p.m. ET
Determining revenue requirements is one of the most important financial targets a utility can establish, but is often the least understood. Revenue requirements determine the amount and timing of rate adjustments which are often influenced by social and political factors. The utility’s ability to achieve the needed revenue requirements is dependent on a number of factors.
This webinar will include a discussion of the following topics:
- The rationale and methods for determining revenue requirements
- Financial factors considered in determining rate adjustments
- The consequences of not monitoring cash flows and cash reserves and forgoing needed rate adjustments
- How rate adjustments are communicated to the governing body and the importance of ongoing training and education
Speaker: Mark Beauchamp, CPA, CMA, MBA, President, Utility Financial Solutions, Holland, Mich.
- Individual webinars: $89 for APPA members; $179 for nonmembers
Register now for this webinar.
- The 7-part series (one free webinar): $535 for APPA members; $1,075 for nonmembers
Click here to register for the series.
Click here for more information about the Accounting and Finance Webinar Series
You will need a username and password to register. If you need assistance, please contact APPA's web staff
- Log-in information for each webinar will be sent out the morning of the event (around 10:30 a.m. Eastern). If you do not receive the reminder email, please contact Meghan Riley (202/467-2919); MRiley@PublicPower.org.
- Registration is for one phone line and one computer. If you have multiple employees participating in this webinar from the same organization and all are in the same location, it is permissible to have multiple people listen in via speaker phone.
- A completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log.
- Each webinar is worth 1.5 CPEs/.2 CEU/1.5 PDH credits
CPE Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge & Applications
- The completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log
- Links to all presentations and an audio recording will be sent out shortly after the webinar occurs
Submit Questions in Advance
To ensure topics of interest are covered sufficiently, we encourage registrants to submit topics and questions prior to the webinar. Please submit questions/topics to EducationInfo@PublicPower.org