Line Extension Policies: Contributions in Aid of Construction
September 9, 2014
2 - 3:30 p.m. ET
A utility’s line extension policy determines the amount the utility would pay to extend services to new customers. A properly designed policy helps ensure growth is good for all ratepayers and the utility contributes appropriate amounts to extend services.
Often line extension policies are determined through review of similar policies of nearby utilities and not on the actual costs of extending new services. Policies may result in growth that increases rates for existing ratepayers or may unfairly burden new customers, thereby limiting the utility’s ability to grow. This webinar will cover alternative line extension polices and methods to identify the maximum contribution a utility should incur for a new service.
Specific topics will include:
- Reviewing alternative line extension methodologies
- Assessing the risks of extending service to different types of customers
- How line extensions for subdivisions and developers differ from extensions to a residential home
- Determining the value a customer will provide the utility
- How an upgrade of service can be considered under line extension contributions.
Speaker: Mark Beauchamp, CPA, CMA, MBA, President, Utility Financial Solutions, Holland, Mich.
- Individual webinars: $89 for APPA members; $179 for nonmembers
Register now for this webinar.
- The 7-part series (one free webinar): $535 for APPA members; $1,075 for nonmembers
Click here to register for the series.
Click here for more information about the Accounting and Finance Webinar Series
You will need a username and password to register. If you need assistance, please contact APPA's web staff
- Log-in information for each webinar will be sent out the morning of the event (around 10:30 a.m. Eastern). If you do not receive the reminder email, please contact Meghan Riley (202/467-2919); MRiley@PublicPower.org.
- Registration is for one phone line and one computer. If you have multiple employees participating in this webinar from the same organization and all are in the same location, it is permissible to have multiple people listen in via speaker phone.
- A completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log.
- Each webinar is worth 1.5 CPEs/.2 CEU/1.5 PDH credits
CPE Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge & Applications
- The completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log
- Links to all presentations and an audio recording will be sent out shortly after the webinar occurs
Submit Questions in Advance
To ensure topics of interest are covered sufficiently, we encourage registrants to submit topics and questions prior to the webinar. Please submit questions/topics to EducationInfo@PublicPower.org