Electric Rate Designs – Rate Structures to Promote Financial Stability or Energy Conservation
August 19, 2014
2 - 3:30 p.m. ET
Electric utilities tend to be a fixed-cost industry and fluctuations in sales due to the economy or weather can often result in problems with cash flows, debt covenants or result in the utility not achieving its financial targets. This webinar will cover rates that promote financial stability and potential political, social and environmental issues, as well as rates that promote energy conservation and issues the utility should be aware of when considering conservation rates.
The speaker will discuss the following rate structures:
- Declining block rates
- Increased customer (facilities) charges
- Decoupling distribution charges
- Power cost adjustments
- Standby rates
- Distribution rates that reflect cost of service
- Inclining block
- Feed in rate tariffs
- Net metering
- Seasonal rates
Speaker: Mark Beauchamp, CPA, CMA, MBA, President, Utility Financial Solutions, Holland, Mich.
- Individual webinars: $89 for APPA members; $179 for nonmembers
Register now for this webinar.
- The 7-part series (one free webinar): $535 for APPA members; $1,075 for nonmembers
Click here to register for the series.
Click here for more information about the Accounting and Finance Webinar Series
You will need a username and password to register. If you need assistance, please contact APPA's web staff
- Log-in information for each webinar will be sent out the morning of the event (around 10:30 a.m. Eastern). If you do not receive the reminder email, please contact Meghan Riley (202/467-2919); MRiley@PublicPower.org.
- Registration is for one phone line and one computer. If you have multiple employees participating in this webinar from the same organization and all are in the same location, it is permissible to have multiple people listen in via speaker phone.
- A completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log.
- Each webinar is worth 1.5 CPEs/.2 CEU/1.5 PDH credits
CPE Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge & Applications
- The completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log
- Links to all presentations and an audio recording will be sent out shortly after the webinar occurs
Submit Questions in Advance
To ensure topics of interest are covered sufficiently, we encourage registrants to submit topics and questions prior to the webinar. Please submit questions/topics to EducationInfo@PublicPower.org