Accounting Standards and Reporting Framework Update
June 12, 2014
2 - 3:30 p.m. ET
Accounting standards are being issued at a rapid pace, requiring public power utilities to review their accounting structures for proper implementation and financial statements for transparent reporting. Now that your utility has had its year-end audit, the focus can turn towards standards for 2014 and in implementing any auditor recommendations to gain the most value for your audit.
Topics for discussion during this webinar will include:
- Update on GASB 68 – Accounting and Reporting for Pensions
- GASB 69 – Government Combinations and Disposals of Government Operations
- GASB 70 – Accounting and Financial Reporting for Non-Exchange Financial Guarantees
- GASB 71 – Pension Transition for Contributions Made Subsequent to the Measurement Date
- Accounting for Planned Major Maintenance
- Use of Regulatory Accounting Under GASB 62 to address rate issues that come with new GASB standards
- Other “hot” accounting topics and stories from the field for 2013 audits
- Gaining value from your audit – implementing management letter points
This session will discuss standards that are new for 2014 financial reporting and those on the horizon that you should plan ahead for.
Jodi Dobson, CPA, Partner, Energy and Utilities Group, Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, Madison, Wis.
Russ Hissom, CPA, Partner, Energy and Utilities Group, Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, Madison, Wis.
- Individual webinars: $89 for APPA members; $179 for nonmembers
Register now for this webinar.
- The 7-part series (one free webinar): $535 for APPA members; $1,075 for nonmembers
Click here to register for the series.
Click here for more information about the Accounting and Finance Webinar Series
You will need a username and password to register. If you need assistance, please contact APPA's web staff
- Log-in information for each webinar will be sent out the morning of the event (around 10:30 a.m. Eastern). If you do not receive the reminder email, please contact Meghan Riley (202/467-2919); MRiley@PublicPower.org.
- Registration is for one phone line and one computer. If you have multiple employees participating in this webinar from the same organization and all are in the same location, it is permissible to have multiple people listen in via speaker phone.
- A completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log.
- Each webinar is worth 1.5 CPEs/.2 CEU/1.5 PDH credits
CPE Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge & Applications
- The completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log
- Links to all presentations and an audio recording will be sent out shortly after the webinar occurs
Submit Questions in Advance
To ensure topics of interest are covered sufficiently, we encourage registrants to submit topics and questions prior to the webinar. Please submit questions/topics to EducationInfo@PublicPower.org