Overview of Utility Financial Operations for Board and Council Members
May 13, 2014
2 to 3:30 p.m. ET
Utilities are under pressure to minimize rate impacts on customers while maintaining the financial health of their organization. This webinar will discuss key financial targets to help assure the long-term financial stability of the utility and ways to identify potential areas of cost reductions or efficiency improvements. Participants will be provided information on how to assess the current financial condition of their utility, ways to use the financial targets to develop long-term rate projections and how to minimize potential rate changes on customers. The webinar will also discuss the following:
- Financial ratios the utility board should review on a regular basis
- Policies used by other utilities to maintain the long-term financial health and stability
- The appropriate amount of cash reserves
Speaker: Mark Beauchamp, CPA, CMA, MBA, President, Utility Financial Solutions, Holland, Mich.
- Individual webinars: $89 for APPA members; $179 for nonmembers
- The entire 9-part webinar series (one free webinar): $700 for APPA members; $1,400 for nonmembers
Click here for more information on the Utility Governance Series.
If you need assistance with obtaining a username and password, please contact APPA's web staff.
Please contact Heidi Lambert, APPA’s Education Manager: 202/467-2921; HLambert@PublicPower.org.